My guest in this episode is Kirsten Walker who I got to know and work with during my last few years in Seattle. Since then, we have kept in touch, our friendship has grown, and I am delighted to have finally got Kirsten on the show.
In this episode we discuss a wide range of topics including
· Being born in Copenhagen and a rather unusual claim to fame
· Being raised by a single parent who was her music loving Dad
· Colorado to California in a Red 74 Corvette Stingray with two dachshunds
· Living in LA in the 80’s, listening to KROQ, skipping school to go to the beach
· Her husband Greg mistaking the Waterboys for U2.
· The importance of mixtapes
· The power of the ‘Sales Hype Song’
· The trials and tribulations of middle age
· The joy and challenges of bringing parents up
· How to be an executive record producer
· Getting to a better place!
I have always admired Kirsten’s energy, passion, and openness and for me they shine through in our chat.
It’s also clear that music plays an important part in her life and her song choices were:
70’s Take It Easy The Eagles
80’s Where The Streets Have No Name U2
90’s Enter Sandman Metallica
00’s Get It Together Seal
10’s Patience Tame Impala
20’s Windows Are Rolled Down Amos Lee
If you would like to be on the show then please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Please follow and like Music Talks on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/musictalkspod . You can also find me on Twitter @musictalkspod .