My guest in this episode is Mark Harrison.
A friend of a previous guest Dan French, Mark listened to episode 52 and liked it so much he decided he wanted to come on the show, which is a process that always pleases me.
In amongst the music we talk about:
· His Grandfather’s houseboat, Calisto, on the Grand Union Canal
· Born in West London in 1962 then moving to South Africa as a 10-year-old.
· Returning from that strict and strait-laced environment four years later to a UK at the height of the punk era
· Getting his black belt in Kick Boxing at the age of 42
· Becoming a mature student and graduating with a BA Hons at the age of 47
· Starting a I year contract in the Czech Republic in 2005 and never leaving!
· Marrying Daria in 2010
· Starting his own company (called Calisto) in 2012
· The delights of train travel in Europe
· And last but not least, the joy of Bruce Springsteen and seeing him live in Vienna, Prague & Berlin.
Like myself, Mark doesn’t just listen to Bruce, and he made some great song choices for this episode:
60’s The Beatles Michelle
70’s Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here
80’s Bruce Springsteen Hungry Heart
90’s Genesis I Can’t Dance
00’s Kylie Minogue Can’t Get You Out of My Head
10’s Emeli Sande Breathing Under Water
20’s Texas Mr Haze
We also touched on a wide range of artists and songs during our chat , all of whom can be found in this playlist