My guest in this episode is friend and colleague Phil Atkinson . Like many of my guests he has had a long and successful career in the I.T industry, but as you will hear his route into that career is far from typical.
In this episode we discuss:
· Being born in Barking, East London into very humble beginnings.
· At age 7, the family move to Basingstoke to try and better their situation
· His lifelong love affair with Liverpool FC.
· His parents’ divorce and the impact that had both at the time and later in life
· Leaving school at 16 and going into the Army for 5 years
· Playing semi-professional football for Basingstoke Town
· His career as a hairdresser (with distinctions!)
· His 30 years in the I.T industry including stints at both Apple and Microsoft
· The challenges of on-line dating and his delight when he met Julia
· His newfound passion for cycling and his plan to ride from Lands’ End to John o'Groats
Phil made the following song choices
60’s Jerry and the Pacemakers You’ll Never Walk Alone
70’s The Jam Down in The Tube Station At Midnight
80’s Duran Duran Save a Prayer
90’s Soul II Soul Back to Life
00’s Coldplay Clocks
10’s Mark Ronson (feat. Bruno Mars) Uptown Funk
20’s Terence Trent D’Arby Dance Little Sister
If you would like to be on the show then please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Please follow and like Music Talks on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/musictalkspod . You can also find me on Twitter @musictalkspod .